National Grid to lay off under 200 management employeesPosted: Updated:
National Grid is expected to lay off under 200 employees companywide.
National Grid USA isn't putting an exact number on the layoffs, but are saying less than 200 management employees will be let go by this Sunday.
It is not clear how many people will be affected on Long Island.
National Grid says the layoffs will cut costs and "provide better service."
The utility also plans to move out of its Hicksville offices on Old Country Road by early 2021.
National Grid Statement:
Aiming for better service and reduced costs for customers, we adjusted our operating model in mid-2018. That meant changing a number of leadership roles, accountabilities, and delivery processes. Since that time, a review of teams across our US enterprise — that’s 16,500 employees in RI, MA, and NY — contributed to the identification of a number of efficiencies, including the reduction of less than 200 management roles in US operations by the end of our current fiscal year, on Sunday, March 31.
At the same time, we’re investing in new opportunities and solutions in order to drive our ongoing objective of leading the transition to a clean energy economy. This work has resulted in more than 600 current openings. In short, National Grid US is changing and growing. We must do so to meet the expanding expectations of our customers and communities.
- There's a major police presence on William Street in Center Moriches Friday.There's a major police presence on William Street in Center Moriches Friday.
- Police in Nassau are searching for the hit-and-run driver who struck two men in a Westbury parking lot, leaving one of them with serious internal injuries.
- The alleged victim of police brutality was at the Nassau County courthouse in Mineola Friday for a follow-up appearance days after a video of his arrest by Freeport officers went viral.
- Uber, as part of a long anticipated safety report, revealed that more than 3,000 sexual assaults were reported during its U.S. rides in 2018.
- A Wyandanch woman is accused of trying to steal food from a TGI Friday's in Massapequa.A Wyandanch woman is accused of trying to steal food from a TGI Friday's in Massapequa.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Kent Animal Shelter. The shelter is located at 2259 River Road Calverton, NY 11933. Their phone number is 631-727-5731.
- A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.A new lantern festival has taken over Citi Field, lighting up the sky starting Friday.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.
- Do you have photos of the winter storm from the December 2019 storm? We want to see!Do you have photos of the winter storm from the December 2019 storm? We want to see!