Fire tears through roof of condo complex; 21 residents displaced

Posted: Updated:
CENTRAL ISLIP -

A fire that tore through the roof of the Plymouth Village Condo Complex in Central Islip forced residents to run from their homes in the middle of the night.

Fire officials say the fire started around 12:30 a.m. on Adams Road. In all, 21 people were displaced.

Investigators from Suffolk County's Arson Squad spent the morning combing through the apartment where the fire began, trying to figure out what started the blaze.

The American Red Cross made sure the displaced residents have a place to go.

Officials say no one was hurt during the fire. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."