Authorities: Electrical fire in Patchogue home kills 2 women

Posted: Updated:
PATCHOGUE -

Authorities say an electrical fire in a Patchogue home early Monday left two women dead.

Around 1:30 a.m., a man who lives in the Sinn Street home part time returned for some belongings and opened the front door to discover the house was on fire. He called 911.

The victims were identified as homeowner Kimberley Bonsignore, 54, and a tenant, 56-year-old Brenda Richardson.

Another man, who was in the basement at the time, was pulled from the home by Suffolk police officers.

Investigators say the fire was possibly sparked by overloaded space heaters. There were no working smoke detectors inside the home.

Neighbors say the home had been the site of drug activity. Police confirm there was a search warrant for drugs executed in 2016. Since then, they say more than 40 911 calls for emergencies came from there.

Autopsies will be performed on the two victims.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."