Police: Pedestrian hit and killed by vehicle in East PatchoguePosted: Updated:
EAST PATCHOGUE -
Police say a pedestrian was hit and killed early Sunday morning in East Patchogue.
The incident happened on Montauk Highway and Orchard Road around 2:30 a.m.
It is unknown if any charges were filed.
- Henry Schein's new test is called the Standard Q COVID-19 Rapid Test. It's an antibody rapid blood test that the company says can give results in minutes instead of hours or days.
- Executive Curran announced 9 new COVID-19 deaths since yesterday, for a total of 48 in the county.Executive Curran announced 9 new COVID-19 deaths since yesterday, for a total of 48 in the county.
- President Donald Trump has extended federal guidelines on social distancing, recommending that people now stay home until the end of April.
- The USNS Comfort arrived in New York Harbor Monday. Also: the death toll tops 1,200 in New York and hospital tents go up in Central Park.
- Anthony Musumeci organized a "caravan of encouragement" for workers at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.