Second suspect arrested in fatal Hempstead shootingPosted: Updated:
Police say a second suspect has been arrested in a fatal Hempstead shooting.
Officials say Raphael Carter is charged with criminal possession of a weapon and hindering prosecution.
The other suspect, James Wilson, of Brooklyn, is accused of murder.
Detectives say one man was killed early Monday in a shooting on Terrace Avenue.
Police have not revealed a motive.
- Virtual rallies and news conferences were held throughout the day Monday, organized by groups calling for the release of inmates housed in local jails and state prisons.
- Police confirmed two days after the incident that Malerba is a former NYPD officer who retired from the force.
- Police say Brooke Wirshup, of Patchogue, rear-ended a car on William Floyd Parkway and then drove off.
- Violent crime has been down in the last week following the stay-at-home order, according to Nassau and Suffolk police.
- Gov. Cuomo says there were 9,290 new cases of the virus. There are a total of 75,795 cases, with a predominance in New York City.
- Curran announced the death tally in the county increased by 15 – bringing the total deaths in the county to 63.
- Some Long Islanders say they are having a hard time filing for unemployment benefits after being put out of work due to the pandemic.
- With the shutdown of venues and mandates to social distance, this Long Island couple put their wedding on hold.