Curran refutes claims of overcharging seniors on tax billsPosted: Updated:
Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is refuting accusations that seniors have been overcharged on their property tax bills.
Tax receivers in the towns of Hempstead, North Hempstead and Oyster Bay say senior sewer abatements were not included on the county tax warrant.
Curran says that's simply untrue, adding that her office will provide each town's receiver of taxes with a summary of how the abatement was applied.
- The Lido Beach teen who is accused of fatally stabbing an Oceanside high school student was ordered Thursday held without bail.
- The mother of a Parkland, Florida, massacre victim was among a number of gun safety advocates rallying Thursday outside an NRA fundraiser at The Inn at New Hyde Park.
- Police say at least one shot was fired Thursday afternoon on National Boulevard and West Hudson Street in Long Beach.
- The resilient New York Yankees powered their way to the club's first AL East title since 2012, routing the Los Angeles Angels 9-1 Thursday night behind three RBIs each from old mainstay Brett Gardner and newcomer DJ LeMahieu.
- Aumenta la angustia entre los familiares de la niña desaparecida en NJ. Guerra política en El Bronx por la silla que dejará el congresista Serrano.
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Jake's Rescue Ranch. The shelter can be contacted via their website or email.
- The Who perform at Jones BeachThe Who perform at Jones Beach
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!
Did you catch the big one? Prove it...no fish stories here! Tweet or Instagram your photos using #LIFish and we may put it in this gallery or show on air.