Melville FD: Child hospitalized after ingesting mother’s methadone

Posted: Updated:
MELVILLE -

A 2-year-old boy was hospitalized Friday night after drinking his mother’s methadone, according to the Melville Volunteer Fire Department.

Suffolk police say the incident occurred just before 8 p.m. at a home on Inwood Place in Melville.

According to a post on the Melville Fire Department's Facebook page, the child was unconscious and had to be treated with Narcan.

Suffolk police have not confirmed the drug was methadone or that Narcan was administered. They say the 2-year-old boy was taken to Huntington Hospital for evaluation.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."