Newsday: Suit claims Farmingdale bartenders were strip searched by policePosted: Updated:
Bartenders are suing Nassau police, claiming they are using baseless raids and strip searches to force their Farmingdale restaurant out of business.
According to Newsday, five bartenders at “That Meetball Place” in Farmingdale filed a suit this month claiming police repeatedly raided the restaurant.
The bartenders say female bartenders were even strip searched, and officers even falsely claimed liquor bottles were contaminated with insects.
Nassau police tell Newsday the officers in question are in a unit that deals with "underage drinking and opioid abuse,” adding they "stand behind our officers."
- Long Island residents will be seeking out pools, cooling centers and beaches during this weekend's heat wave.
- The heat is expected to ramp up even more Saturday as a sweltering weekend continues.The heat is expected to ramp up even more Saturday as a sweltering weekend continues.
- Police say a mother and daughter were rescued while kayaking in the Long Island Sound Friday night.Police say a mother and daughter were rescued while kayaking in the Long Island Sound Friday night.
- Police say one person is dead and another person is injured following a car crash in Baiting Hollow Friday night.
- In the beautiful weather, why not take your ab workout to the beach?In the beautiful weather, why not take your ab workout to the beach?
- When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin took their first steps on the moon in 1969, the world was watching.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at North Fork Animal Welfare League. They brought three puppies!
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.
- Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.