Judge: $15M lawsuit against Sachem SD can move forwardPosted: Updated:
A judge has ruled that a $15 million lawsuit against the Sachem Central School District can move forward.
Michael Paolucci says his son Nicholas hasn't been the same since the death of his teammate, Joshua Mileto, during Sachem East's football camp in August 2017. A 400-pound log four teens were carrying slipped and fell onto Mileto.
Paolucci and the families of two other Sachem East students want to hold the school district accountable for what they call an unacceptable response.
Kenneth Mollins, the attorney representing the families, says the case is about getting the teens the counseling they need and didn't get in the aftermath of Mileto's death.
Mollins says he plans to file that suit within the next couple of months.
The district says it does not comment on pending litigation.
- Police say Philip Bonaventura, 78, was assigned to the Alleghany Avenue Elementary School when he forcibly touched a 15-year-old.
- Prosecutors say Jose Suarez was the getaway driver after Esteban Alvarado-Bonilla was gunned down in a Central Islip deli.Prosecutors say Jose Suarez was the getaway driver after Esteban Alvarado-Bonilla was gunned down in a Central Islip deli.
- John Walker Lindh, the Californian who took up arms for the Taliban and was captured by invading U.S. forces in Afghanistan in 2001, got out of prison Thursday after more than 17 years.
- Police: Suffolk dad took toddler to playground to sell crack cocainePolice: Suffolk dad took toddler to playground to sell crack cocaine
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- This week's pets are up for adoption at Southampton Animal Shelter. The shelter is located at 102 Old Riverhead Road West in Hampton Bays. Their phone number is 631-728-7387.
- Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.