FDA expands dog food recall over potentially toxic levels of vitamin DPosted: Updated:
The FDA is expanding a dog food recall over potentially toxic levels of vitamin D in several dry pet foods after receiving complaints that dogs eating the food experienced the toxicity.
Testing done found samples of the food contained excessive and potentially toxic amounts of vitamin D.
It is an essential nutrient for dogs, but high amounts can cause serious health problems, such as kidney failure or death.
The FDA says pet owners should stop feeding their dogs the recalled products.
To see a full list of products, click here.
- La policía busca a un hombre que mostró sus genitales a dos niños en Sunset Park, Brooklyn.La policía busca a un hombre que mostró sus genitales a dos niños en Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
- Winter has come and winter has gone, the last of the heads have been lopped off and the last of the dragon fire has been spit as "Game of Thrones" aired its 73rd and final episode Sunday night.
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- This week's pets are up for adoption at Southampton Animal Shelter. The shelter is located at 102 Old Riverhead Road West in Hampton Bays. Their phone number is 631-728-7387.
- Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.Performers at the Great South Bay Music Festival in Patchogue July 18 - July 21.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.