PSEG removes damaged pole after family complainsPosted: Updated:
A West Babylon family can rest easy Wednesday after PSEG Long Island showed up to remove a damaged pole on their property.
Homeowner Kellie Wolk says an out-of-control driver hit two utility poles and the car burst into flames in front of her home on Route 109 Monday night.
Late Monday night, Wolk says PSEG Long Island replaced one of the two poles that were hit by the car, but the other was not touched. She says workers told her it was because there were other utility lines still attached.
Wolk says she's tried endlessly to get someone to remove the pole without any luck.
“When my mom tried to reach out to Verizon and PSEG, everyone keeps giving us the run-around,” she says.
A few hours after News 12 first reported this story Wednesday, PSEG Long Island contractors removed the damaged pole. It took about 30 minutes to get it out of the ground.
(The damaged pole was removed Wednesday afternoon)
- The Justice Department said Sunday that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation did not find evidence that President Donald Trump's campaign "conspired or coordinated" with Russia.
- A West Babylon man is charged with manslaughter after police say he intentionally ran down a young father from Wyandanch and then fled the scene following an early morning fight in a pub parking lot.
- After 2,800 subpoenas, 500 search warrants and 500 witness interviews, the Mueller report is complete, and Long Island residents have a lot to say about it. Attorney General William Barr's summary of the report says investigators didn't find that the pres
- The Viking Sky was carrying 1,373 passengers and crew, going from Norway's Arctic north to the southern city of Stavanger when it had engine trouble along Norway's rough, frigid western coast.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo was on Long Island Sunday to discuss his plan for a permanent property tax cap.Gov. Andrew Cuomo was on Long Island Sunday to discuss his plan for a permanent property tax cap.
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- Money performed on his 70th birthday.Money performed on his 70th birthday.
- The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.The Yankees showed off their dining menu ahead of the new baseball season.