What's Cooking: Chicken MilanesePosted: Updated:
This week, Stephen Gallagher, of The Trattoria in St James, shows Lily Stolzberg how to make a chicken milanese.
• 1.5 pounds, 8 Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
• Panko Breadcrumbs
• 2 Tbsp Milk
• Olive Oil
• Aged Balsamic Vinegar
• 6-8 Plum Tomatoes
• ¾ Cup Red Onion
• ½ Cup Pepperoncini
• 2 Oranges peeled and segmented (about 20 Segments)
• 12 Slices Thin shaved Fennel (on Mandolin)
• 6-8oz Baby Arugula
• 2 Lemons
In a dish, whisk together the milk and eggs. Place the flour in another dish and mix in some salt and pepper. Place the breadcrumbs in a third dish. Set these three dishes aside.
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken pieces. Dredge one at a time in the flour, then quickly dunk both sides in the egg mixture and coat both sides in the breadcrumbs. Lay each piece on a plate until you're ready to cook them.
Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. When oil is hot, add two pieces of the breaded chicken and cook, flipping once, until the breading is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate. Add the other tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the other two pieces of chicken. Repeat this process until all of the chicken is cooked.
Add the juice of two lemons to three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Peel and segment the orange. Using a mandolin, cut twelve slices of thinly shaved fennel. Thinly slice onions and pepperoncini. Cut plum tomatoes into eight pieces.
Combine tomatoes, red onion, pepperoncini, oranges, fennel, and arugula. Dress with the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, place one piece of cooked chicken on each plate. Top generously with salad. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Finish with a drizzle of Aged Balsamic.
What's Cooking: Chicken MilaneseMore>>
- Maria Dello, of Dellonutritionals, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make creative egg muffins.Maria Dello, of Dellonutritionals, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make creative egg muffins.
- Larry Alexander, Jr., of Bistro 58 at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make shrimp tortellini rosato.
- Chef Anthony Russo, of EB Elliot's Waterside Dining and Bar in Freeport, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make corn custard halibut.
- Chef Mikhail Apelsinov, of Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make a 40-oz Australian Wagyu Tomahawk rib eye with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.
Food & FunMore>>
- Whether they were abused, or they have retired - the horses, in today's East End segment, come from different backgrounds.
- Here are some great events to take your kids to this weekend.Here are some great events to take your kids to this weekend.
- Check out what's going on around Long Island this weekend.Check out what's going on around Long Island this weekend.
- Golf fans gathered Monday, May 13 through Wednesday, May 15 to watch the world's greatest golfers prep and practice for the competition.
- Tula Kitchen serves healthy dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a full vegan option.Tula Kitchen serves healthy dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a full vegan option.