Guide: Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations in Westchester and Hudson Valley. Please check with the location before heading out as dates and times are subject to change.
63 Apple Tree Lane
Hours: Opens in July; Monday-Sunday, Holidays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
Types of apples: Early Gold, Pristine, Paula Red, Ginger Gold, Zestars, Jona Mac, Gala, Macintosh, Cortlandt, Macoun, Spartans, Empires, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jona Gold, Ida Red, Crispen, Red Stayman, Fuji, Cameo, Greenings, Romes, Winesap, Granny Smith
Other activities: Farm stand, playground, gem stone mining, petting zoo
9 Fishkill Farm Road
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Pixie Crunch, Sweet Sixteen, Galarina, Florina, Crimson Topaz, Crimson Crisp, Shizuka, Suncrisp, Ida Red, Northern Sky, Newtown Pippin, Rome, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Macoun, Gala and more
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
130 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Aug. 31-Oct. 27; weekends & holidays only until 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Braeburn, Granny Smith, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Crispin, Cortland, Pink Lady, Cameo, Honeycrisp
Other activities: Hayrides, games, live music, farm animals, pony rides, face painting
5755 Route 209
Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Types of apples: Ginger Golds, Jonamacs, Cortlands, Empire, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Rome
Other activities: Farm activities are Mini-golf, Corn Maze, Hay Mountain Jumping pillow, Petting farm and Playground.
139 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Apple picking starts Aug. 31; Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Cortland, Rhode Island Greenings, Rome, Baldwin, Red Delicious
Other activities: Hay rides
230 Guinea Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Granny Smith, Braeburn, Ida Red, Fuji, Winesap, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Jonagold, Crispin, Red Delicious, Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Gala, McIntosh, Gingergold, Jonamac, Paula Red
5100 Route 209
Hours: U-pick apples start Labor Day weekend; Tuesday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sundays - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other activities: Hayrides, festivals, market, bakery
62 Granite Springs Road
Hours: Daily beginning Sept. 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Jonamac, Cortland, Macoun, Gala, Empire, Northern Spy, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap. Fuji, Ida Red, Crispin, Cameo, Sun Crisps, Nitany’s, Braeburn
Other activities: Farm stand
Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm
1335 White Hill Road
Hours: Starts Sept. 1; Daily, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Types of apples: Gala, McIntosh, Baldwin, Cortland, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Crispin, Empire, Winesap, Fuji, Ida Red
Other activities: Corn maze
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!
Food & FunMore>>
- Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.Get ready to sample fare from baseball stadiums from across the country at the MLB FoodFest.
- To help you celebrate National Cheeseburger Day we compiled 11 of the best deals you can find in the tri-state area.To help you celebrate National Cheeseburger Day we compiled 11 of the best deals you can find in the tri-state area.
- A former NYPD police sergeant from Orange County is enjoying the sweet taste of retirement by making cheesecake.A former NYPD police sergeant from Orange County is enjoying the sweet taste of retirement by making cheesecake.
- New York City was among the Top 5 in a recent survey of where to fly to this fall.New York City was among the Top 5 in a recent survey of where to fly to this fall.
- Today, there are people making a living off live streaming their gaming experience on the internet – a thought that would have made my head explode in 1988.Today, there are people making a living off live streaming their gaming experience on the internet – a thought that would have made my head explode in 1988.