MMA brawler McGregor pleads guilty in Barclays melee

Posted: Updated:
BROOKLYN -

Superstar MMA brawler Conor McGregor pleaded guilty Thursday morning to disorderly conduct charges stemming from a backstage altercation.

McGregor, 30, was seen on video hurling a metal hand truck at a bus occupied by fighters at the Barclays Center in April.  The incident took place after a news conference for UFC 223.

READ: MMA star McGregor says he regrets Brooklyn melee

"I just want to say I'm thankful to the DA and the judge for allowing me to move forward," said McGregor after the court appearance. "I want to say to my friends, my family, my fans, thank you for the support."

The disorderly conduct plea was made in exchange for community service.  McGregor had already paid for damages to the bus.

MORE: Today's top sports stories

Two fighters were injured by broken glass in the melee.  They were not able to compete due to their injuries.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."