10-foot sand tiger shark reeled in at Tobay BeachPosted: Updated:
A 10-foot sand tiger shark was reeled in Sunday morning at Tobay Beach.
The man handling the shark works for NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
He was able to tag the shark and release it back into the water.
The tags help track the shark, relaying important information on its size and location.
- A West Hempstead man is facing charges after a public lewdness incident in Malverne Park Oaks.A West Hempstead man is facing charges after a public lewdness incident in Malverne Park Oaks.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Aside from banks, Netflix was one of the big earnings releases of the week.Aside from banks, Netflix was one of the big earnings releases of the week.
- A fall favorite returns to Oyster Bay this weekend: it's the annual Oyster Festival, and big crowds are expected.
- A softball game dedicated to raising awareness of suicide in the law enforcement community will be held in Baldwin Saturday.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Are you and your family doing fun things this fall? Whether you're out apple or pumpkin picking, at a farm or corn maze or just hanging around in your home or yard, News 12 Long Island wants to see your Fall Fun pics!
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!