Police: Nassau man, woman sold opioids linked to overdosesPosted: Updated:
A Baldwin man and an Albertson woman are accused of selling opioids that have been linked to numerous overdoses.
Police say Jesse Sullivan, of Baldwin, and Samantha Carroll, of Albertson, both 25 years old, were arrested outside Sullivan’s home Friday night for possessing and selling heroin and fentanyl to a Nassau County resident.
Officials say the arrests were part of a lengthy investigation and crackdown by Nassau police involving several overdoses and complaints by neighbors.
Sources tell News 12 police have been watching Sullivan since May.
Both Sullivan and Carroll are due back in court next week. They are each being held on $8,500 cash bail.
News 12 spoke with Sullivan’s father, who said he was somewhat relieved to hear his son was arrested.
“My son has a problem. We're aware of it. If he's doing anything they're accusing him of, he is where he belongs,” he said.
- Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.
- Police are looking for whoever stole a car that was left running - with the keys still inside - from a 7-Eleven on Friday.
- escue crews in New Orleans on Sunday were trying to find a worker missing in the rubble of a hotel that collapsed while under construction but work in the unstable structure must be done delicately, officials said.
- New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.
- A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.
- Authorities say the Otis Pike Preserve-West Smokey Bear Field sign was stolen from the Manorville grassland.Authorities say the Otis Pike Preserve-West Smokey Bear Field sign was stolen from the Manorville grassland.
- Police say eight people were arrested at a sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station overnight.Police say eight people were arrested at a sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station overnight.
- Police say a woman who was driving with her 9-year-old twins in the car in Huntington was arrested for drunk driving Friday night.Police say a woman who was driving with her 9-year-old twins in the car in Huntington was arrested for drunk driving Friday night.
- Police need the public’s help finding a man accused of stealing from Home Depot and assaulting a store employee.Police need the public’s help finding a man accused of stealing from Home Depot and assaulting a store employee.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- RAND Luxury is holding an auction of collectible motorcars from brands including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche & beyond at the Nassau County Museum of Art Saturday, Oct. 12.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.