Long Islanders collect donations for migrant childrenPosted: Updated:
The Hempstead town clerk is setting up a donation drive for migrant children separated from their parents at the border.
Officials say there is a need for basic items like clothing, toiletries and baby supplies.
All donations will be given to the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center in McAllen, Texas.
Click here for more information on how to donate.
- Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.Police say a body was found Sunday morning in Patchogue.
- Police are looking for whoever stole a car that was left running - with the keys still inside - from a 7-Eleven on Friday.
- escue crews in New Orleans on Sunday were trying to find a worker missing in the rubble of a hotel that collapsed while under construction but work in the unstable structure must be done delicately, officials said.
- New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.New funding is paving the way for a family friendly park in Blue Point.
- A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.A Long Island boxer is reportedly in a coma following a knockout in the ring.
- Gunfire broke out inside an illegal gambling club in Brooklyn early Saturday, police said, leaving four people dead, three wounded, and investigators trying to piece together what prompted the bloodshed.
- RAND Luxury is holding an auction of collectible motorcars from brands including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche & beyond at the Nassau County Museum of Art Saturday, Oct. 12.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Bobbi and the Strays. The shelter is located at 2 Rider Place in Freeport. Their phone number is (516) 378-4340.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Ruff House Rescue. The shelter is located in Oceanside. Their phone number is 516-306-4998.