CDC says Belmont worker died of bacterial sepsis

Posted: Updated:
ELMONT -

New details involving the Belmont Park worker found dead earlier this month.

The Department of Health now says the worker died of bacterial sepsis.

The CDC had previously suggested he died from Hantavirus, which is spread through rodent droppings.

The employee, whose name has not been released, was found unconscious on June 1.

Bacterial Sepsis is not transmitted from human to human.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."