Officials: Grill to blame for Valley Stream house fire

Posted: Updated:
VALLEY STREAM -

Firefighters say a grill being used at a Father’s Day barbecue is to blame for a house fire in Valley Stream.

According to officials, the grill started the fire which spread to the home on Shaw Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.

Neighbors tell News 12 they got to the house first, and started helping people out.

No injuries were reported during the fire.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."