Murder conviction of North Babylon man upheldPosted: Updated:
The murder conviction of a North Babylon man has been upheld again.
An appellate court ruled Eric Williams acted with depraved indifference to life when he shot at a car in Deer Park back in 2001.
He was trying to collect a drug debt and the shooting caused a fatal crash.
Williams was convicted twice, once in 2013, and again two years later.
His first conviction was thrown out over accusations that testimony by his girlfriend was improperly handled.
- A Levittown woman was arrested in connection with a deadly overdose.A Levittown woman was arrested in connection with a deadly overdose.
- According to police, the three women, all from Flushing, Queens, were arrested Thursday night at Hau Xia Healthy Center.
- Police say they arrested Stuart Babitch on Wednesday.Police say they arrested Stuart Babitch on Wednesday.
- Fourteen people have been indicted in a Nassau County drug ring tied to a fatal overdose, prosecutors say.
- A crash between two vehicles Friday sent a car into a Plainview home, injuring four people in total.A crash between two vehicles Friday sent a car into a Plainview home, injuring four people in total.
- Special counsel Robert Mueller closed his long and contentious Russia investigation with no new charges Friday.
- Disabled and minority Long Islanders have filed a lawsuit claiming the owner of several apartment complexes is discriminating against them.
- A rally held Friday in Rockville Centre rejected the idea of legalized marijuana sales in New York state.