New biking, hiking trail coming to Port WashingtonPosted: Updated:
A new biking and hiking trail is coming to the North Shore.
The Town of North Hempstead has teamed up with Concerned Long Island Mountain Bicyclists, or CLIMB. Together, they are working to create a 5-mile trail across from North Hempstead Beach Park in Port Washington.
"We're so excited about what we will be able to offer to the residents of the Town of North Hempstead in terms of having great access to the bike trails, hiking trails and another step forward in making sure our environment is being protected," says North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth.
The project will not cost taxpayers any money because the trail will be built and maintained by CLIMB.
- A 10-year-old male student brought a loaded, .40-caliber handgun to Meadow Elementary School in Baldwin on Monday, according to police.
- A downed PSEG power line on the tracks west of the Hicksville Long Island Rail Road station has caused the temporary suspension of the Ronkonkoma, Huntington/Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay branches.
- Nassau Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder and Dr. Tanya Adams, a member of Doctors for Cannabis Regulation, joined News 12's Stone Grissom in the studio to discuss the issue.
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.
- Show your Pinstripe Pride!Show your Pinstripe Pride!
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- Money performed on his 70th birthday.Money performed on his 70th birthday.