NY Racing Association looks to make renovations at BelmontPosted: Updated:
The New York Racing Association says it is drawing up plans for renovations at Belmont Park.
The planned upgrades are on top of plans by the New York Islanders to build an arena at the park, as well as a hotel, stores and restaurants.
It was welcome news to Patrick Nicolosi, of the Elmont East End Civic Association.
MORE: Read more at Newsday.com
"Something had to be done at Belmont, because Belmont used to be an epicenter for our community…People used to go to the track and over the years that waned down."
NYRA has not provided any details on what renovations they want to make, but they say they want to make improvements to the paddock area, club house and racetracks.
NYRA has spent $6.5 million this year to come up with a detailed plan of what the renovations will entail.
- A Melville man was pulled from a burning car after a crash in South Huntington Saturday evening.A Melville man was pulled from a burning car after a crash in South Huntington Saturday evening.
- A Lake Ronkonkoma man is accused of driving drunk Sunday - with a 15-year-old girl in the car.A Lake Ronkonkoma man is accused of driving drunk Sunday - with a 15-year-old girl in the car.
- Long Islanders came together Sunday for a benefit concert to support the rights of immigrants.Long Islanders came together Sunday for a benefit concert to support the rights of immigrants.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at Almost Home Animal Rescue & Adoption. The shelter is located at 646 Medford Ave. in Patchogue. Their phone number is (631) 627-3665.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
- Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!Did you do something fun with your kids this weekend? Share your adventure with us!