Wet weather causes flash flooding in parts of LIPosted: Updated:
The wet weather caused some flash flooding in parts of Long Island Friday.
Several drivers were stuck on Hempstead Turnpike near Carman Avenue in East Meadow.
People were also stranded on Loring Road in Levittown.
News 12 meteorologists say a stray shower or thunderstorm is possible tonight.
More: News 12 Weather
- A 10-year-old male student brought a loaded, .40-caliber handgun to Meadow Elementary School in Baldwin on Monday, according to police.
- A downed PSEG power line on the tracks west of the Hicksville Long Island Rail Road station has caused the temporary suspension of the Ronkonkoma, Huntington/Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay branches.
- Police say a school bus driver kissed a 15-year-old Patchogue-Medford School District student who was alone on his bus.
- Six people who police say are MS-13 members are accused of plotting to kill two other gang members between August 2018 and January 2019.
- Nassau Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder and Dr. Tanya Adams, a member of Doctors for Cannabis Regulation, joined News 12's Stone Grissom in the studio to discuss the issue.
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.
- Show your Pinstripe Pride!Show your Pinstripe Pride!
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- Money performed on his 70th birthday.Money performed on his 70th birthday.