3 injured in Stewart Manor house fire

Posted: Updated:
STEWART MANOR -

Police say three people were injured, including a firefighter, after a house fire in Steward Manor.

The fire broke out at a home on Argyle Road around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Fire officials tell News 12 the house was destroyed, but the man and woman in their 50s who live in the house were able to get out.

Both residents were treated for smoke inhalation.

A firefighter was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to Newsday.

Fire officials are investigating what sparked the flames.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."