Shirley woman accused of robbing bank, leaving child in carPosted: Updated:
A Shirley woman is accused of robbing a bank and leaving her young child alone in a car during the act.
Police say the incident happened shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Bridgehampton National Bank on Montauk Highway in Shirley.
According to investigators, 20-year-old Madison Munoz walked into the bank and handed an employee a note demanding cash. When the teller complied, Munoz allegedly took off in her car.
Witnesses provided a description of the car, shortly after which Munoz was pulled over about 4 1/2 miles away on Lombardy Drive, where police say they found a 10-month-old boy sitting in the car.
Munoz was arrested and charged with robbery and endangering the welfare of a child.
The young boy was released to a family member.
Neighbors tell News 12 that the suspect's brother, Taylor Munoz, was arrested last December also for allegedly robbing a bank. He would not speak with News 12 about his sister's arrest.
- The 10-year-old boy who police say brought a loaded handgun to his Baldwin school has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon.
- A Roosevelt man is now facing arson charges after being accused of setting trash fires in Merrick.A Roosevelt man is now facing arson charges after being accused of setting trash fires in Merrick.
- A Valley Stream man was arrested in Westchester County for allegedly scamming seniors across the country.A Valley Stream man was arrested in Westchester County for allegedly scamming seniors across the country.
- Six people who police say are MS-13 members are accused of plotting to kill two other gang members between August 2018 and January 2019.Six people who police say are MS-13 members are accused of plotting to kill two other gang members between August 2018 and January 2019.
- The incident happened in February of last year.The incident happened in February of last year.
- The Suffolk County Water Authority board on Tuesday unanimously passed a rate hike with a new tier system that may hit some homeowners harder than others.
- An East End farmer is the first on the Island to grow and produce CBD, or cannabidiol, products made from marijuana plants.
- Environmentalists say many household products like laundry detergent, shampoo, body wash and hand soap are contaminated with a known possible carcinogen called 1,4-dioxane.
- The Glen Cove City Council will vote tonight on whether to reduce the speed limit on certain roads.The Glen Cove City Council will vote tonight on whether to reduce the speed limit on certain roads.
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.
- Show your Pinstripe Pride!Show your Pinstripe Pride!
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- Money performed on his 70th birthday.Money performed on his 70th birthday.