Teen charged with assaulting officer's inside Plainview templePosted: Updated:
A Wantagh teen has been charged with assaulting police officer's inside a Nassau temple.
Police say Natan Weissblum entered a restricted area of the Young Israel of Plainview Temple Tuesday morning.
Detectives say the 18-year-old was asked to leave, but refused. He then allegedly punched, kicked and bit responding officers.
Officials say the officers were not seriously injured.
- A Central Islip man is accused in a string of burglaries.A Central Islip man is accused in a string of burglaries.
- A North Amityville man fired two rounds into a Farmingdale gentlemen’s club early Saturday morning, according to prosecutors.
- An armed robbery held up a Kings Park pharmacy at gunpoint Friday night, police say.An armed robbery held up a Kings Park pharmacy at gunpoint Friday night, police say.
- The mother who reported the attempted abduction of her 1-year-old son in Hempstead Tuesday is now being accused of fabricating the entire story, police say.
- Police say the boy's mother was pushing him in a stroller on Fulton Avenue when the man grabbed the child.
- Nassau County police say the suspect who mowed down a South Hempstead gas station manager over a $22 tank of fuel was apprehended in Philadelphia.Nassau police tell News 12 that Joshua Roston has been apprehended in Pennsylvania.
- The incident happened early Wednesday morning at a Sunoco station.The incident happened early Wednesday morning at a Sunoco station.
- According to officials, the dog was 30-pounds underweight and found in an outdoor kennel that was wired shut.According to officials, the dog was 30 pounds underweight and found in an outdoor kennel that was wired shut.
- Police say they found an alligator, marijuana and weapons in a raid on a suspected drug house in Hauppauge.
- Police say a Suffolk County couple who tried to run down officers had their 19-month-old daughter in the car.
- Dangerously cold temperatures are setting in across Long Island to start the week, and gusty winds are worsening the bitter blast.
- The Long Island club beat the Canadians 16-8, and will play a rematch next year in Nova Scotia.The Long Island club beat the Canadians 16-8, and will play a rematch next year in Nova Scotia.
- Some Molloy College students came together in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to spread a message of the importance of community service.
- The percentage of TSA airport screeners missing work has hit 10 percent as the partial government shutdown stretches into its fifth week.
- A DACA recipient from Long Island says she's excited that an extension of the DACA program is now part of the conversation in the government shutdown.
- Monday marked Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and a number of memorial marches were held on Long Island to honor the civil rights leader.
- Firefighters were called out in the cold to battle a house fire in Freeport.Firefighters were called out in the cold to battle a house fire in Freeport.
- The intense cold and whipping winds made it difficult Monday for fire crews battling a blaze at a home in Wyandanch.
- On Jan. 20-21, there was a lunar eclipse and a full moon, which many are calling a Blood Moon.On Jan. 20-21, there was a lunar eclipse and a full moon, which many are calling a Blood Moon.
- Prinston Pharmaceuticals, which operates in Cranbury, recalled one lot of Irbesartan tablets, and seven lots of the HCTZ tablets.