Long Islanders walk to support kids with special needsPosted: Updated:
Hundreds of Long Islanders came together Sunday at Holtsville Park to support kids with special needs.
Organizers at the 15th annual Walk in the Park and Family Picnic say the money raised from the event will go toward the Developmental Disabilities Institute, an organization that helps children and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities on Long Island.
Organizers say about 700 people participated in the walk and that they hoped to raise $100,000 this year.
- A woman was found dead outside a building in an early morning Coram apartment complex fire, police say.
- The move would mean a fee would be imposed on cars and trucks that drive south of 61st Street in Manhattan during peak hours.
- A Roosevelt man is now facing arson charges after being accused of setting trash fires in Merrick.A Roosevelt man is now facing arson charges after being accused of setting trash fires in Merrick.
- Today is National Spinach Day! Do you like spinach or do you detest the vegetable?Today is National Spinach Day! Do you like spinach or do you detest the vegetable?
- Opening Day is March 28, so News 12's Lily Stolzberg went to the mall to test shoppers' baseball knowledge. Can you match the city with the team name?
- Even as floodwaters receded in hard-hit places in in the Midwest, experts warned that with plenty of snow still left to melt in northern states, the relief may only be temporary.
- KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.KISS performs 'End of The Road' tour at Nassau Coliseum.
- Show your Pinstripe Pride!Show your Pinstripe Pride!
- It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!It's National Puppy Day! Send us your photos!
- Money performed on his 70th birthday.Money performed on his 70th birthday.