Crews: Solar panels may be cause of Lakeview house fire

Posted: Updated:
LAKEVIEW -

Solar panels could be behind a raging Lakeview house fire, according to officials.

A video posted to social media shows intense flames pouring out of the home on Park Avenue in Lakeview Sunday evening.

Fire officials tell News 12 the blaze started around 6 p.m.

Due to the intensity on the roof of, they say it may be because of solar panels.

No one was hurt in the fire.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."