Brothers charged in fatal Valley Stream bar shootingPosted: Updated:
Two brothers have been charged in connection with a March shooting outside a Valley Stream bar.
Mickey Corley is charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Iraq War veteran Shaleek Jenkins. Corley's older brother, Christopher Corley, is charged with hindering prosecution in the first degree.
The shooting happened March 13 outside Sonny O's Pub on West Merrick Road. Law enforcement sources say the incident started with an argument inside the bar that spilled onto the street.
Prosecutors say Mickey Corley fled with his brother to Nyack, Rockland County, where police arrested them on July 2.
The courtroom was tense Monday and packed with family members of the victim and defendants.
"I just want justice for my son," says Danielle Addison, Jenkins' mother. "He was loved by many."
The judge denied bail for Mickey Corley. Christopher Corley's bail was set at $75,000. They are both due back in court July 6.
Jenkins served three tours in Iraq with the Army and attended Farmingdale State College. He leaves behind a wife and children.
- Nassau Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder identified the suspect as 33-year-old Joshua Roston.Nassau Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder identified the suspect as 33-year-old Joshua Roston.
- The incident happened early Wednesday morning at a Sunoco station.The incident happened early Wednesday morning at a Sunoco station.
- According to officials, the dog was 30-pounds underweight and found in an outdoor kennel that was wired shut.According to officials, the dog was 30 pounds underweight and found in an outdoor kennel that was wired shut.
- Police say they found an alligator, marijuana and weapons in a raid on a suspected drug house in Hauppauge.
- Police say a Suffolk County couple who tried to run down officers had their 19-month-old daughter in the car.
- Police say a Bay Shore man with a prior conviction for child pornography was arrested on the same charge.
- A vigil Tuesday night honored a Levittown man who police say was killed by a hit-and-run driver skipping out on $22 worth of gas.
- Police say a hit-and-run driver killed a man over a $22 gas bill Monday morning in front of a South Hempstead station.
- The crash happened on Sunrise Highway in North Babylon just before 7:30 p.m. Sunday near Lotus Street.
- Police say three masked suspects forced a driver out of his car and robbed him at gunpoint early Saturday morning.
- On Saturday, expect snow showers developing after 4 p.m., becoming steadier through the evening.On Saturday, expect snow showers developing after 4 p.m., becoming steadier through the evening.
- News 12 Long Island’s Erin Colton is in Mobile 12 checking out the conditions on the North Shore of Long Island.
- According to the company, three consumer complaints were filed about it.According to the company, three consumer complaints were filed about it.
- Happy National Winnie the Pooh Day! Who is your favorite Winnie the Pooh character?Happy National Winnie the Pooh Day! Who is your favorite Winnie the Pooh character?
- The recall was first issued last month for several products by Sunshine Mills, Incorporated.The recall was first issued last month for several products by Sunshine Mills, Incorporated.
- This week's dogs are up for adoption at North Shore Animal League America.This week's dogs are up for adoption at North Shore Animal League America.
- News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen and Elisa DiStefano discuss different types of tacos with George Martin executive chef Christopher Holt.
- A teacher in the Hempstead School District has been pulled from the classroom following claims from several students that the teacher had inappropriate contact with them.
- Lawmakers in Albany are threatening the Long Island Rail Road with state hearings to address the agency's performance problems.
- An oncology nurse is raising money for a new cancer center at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.