Man charged with DWI after crashing into police car in HolbrookPosted: Updated:
Police say a man has been arrested for DWI after crashing into a police car and three other vehicles in Holbrook.
According to police, an officer spotted a driver traveling at a high rate of speed and attempted to conduct a traffic stop on eastbound Veterans Memorial Highway in Holbrook.
A short time later, the suspect attempted to make a right hand turn onto Broadway Avenue when he struck a marked police car stopped at a red light.
Police say the impact of the crash pushed the police car into another car that was also stopped at the red light on Broadway Avenue.
The suspect, identified as Richard Carroll, 48, of Ronkonkoma, fled southbound where he struck another two cars near Sunrise Highway. Carroll was then apprehended on Sunrise Highway and Broadway Avenue after he struck a tree.
Carroll was charged with DWI, fleeing a police officer, two counts of reckless endangerment, felony aggravated unlicensed to operate a vehicle, operating a vehicle without an interlock device and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries.
- Suffolk officials touted safety in the county Monday morning.Suffolk officials touted safety in the county Monday morning.
- Police are looking for a man who broke into a Lindenhurst coffee shop.Police are looking for a man who broke into a Lindenhurst coffee shop.
- Police are asking for the public's help to find a car thief and a stolen car.Police are asking for the public's help to find a car thief and a stolen car.
- Fortnite's black hole is over.Fortnite's black hole is over.
- A Nassau County legislator is suing the Town of Hempstead over campaign signs that were removed from in front of his office last June.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?