Lynbrook parents praise firefighters who helped save their son
Parents in Lynbrook are praising local firefighters who helped save their son's life last Tuesday. Jill Seltzer says she and her 2-year-old son Brandon were having lunch at Mother Kelly's Restaurant in Cedarhurst when the boy began choking. She says he went limp, his eyes rolled to the side and he began twitching. Joe Fitzgerald, a commissioner at the Lawrence Cedarhurst Fire Department, was sitting at the next table and called for an ambulance. Brandon was treated by EMTs, who were able to clear the boy's throat.
Fitzgerald and other firefighters traveled to Lynbrook to visit Brandon on Monday. Jill Seltzer says the firefighters did an unbelievable job and will always be heroes in her eyes.