1 dead after fire at West Babylon apartment
A West Babylon woman is dead after a fire tore through her apartment Monday night.
Authorities say the blaze broke out around 10 p.m. at the Holiday Square apartment complex on Muncy Avenue.
Investigators say they do not yet know if the 59-year-old woman was killed by the fire or something else, but neighbors say the woman used an oxygen tank and smoked cigarettes. Friends also say she was very sick. One neighbor said it sounded like the tank exploded before the fire. Arson investigators are not confirming what sparked the fire.