Jury selection starts in trial of alleged slumlord

Jury selection began today for the trial of a landlord whose West Babylon tenants were killed by carbon monoxide in 2007.

Investigators say the home Wilson Milord rented to the tenants was condemned and had no electricity or heat. They say the portable generator Milord installed filled the house with the toxic fumes.

A man, a mother and her 4-year-old daughter were killed.

Milord is charged with criminally negligent homicide.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."