1 hospitalized after Freon fume scare in Valley Stream

? News 12 Long Island has learned that one person has been taken to the hospital following a scare in a Valley Stream apartment building yesterday morning.

Officials say Freon fumes from an air conditioning unit made at least one person sick just before 6:45 a.m.

Chopper 12 was over the scene on Rockaway Avenue.

There is no word on the condition of the individual who got sick.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."