Police: Brush fire at Hewlett golf course not sparked by fireworks

Police now say a brush fire at a private golf course in Hewlett Harbor was not sparked by fireworks.



Officials say it took firefighters about an hour to knock down the fire at Seawane Golf Course. No one was hurt.



It was initially thought the blaze may have been caused by fireworks.



Fire official tells News 12 that there was a fireworks show at the course on July 2, but it had nothing to do with the fire.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."