Brentwood man loses fingers in firework accident

A Brentwood man lost two fingers and injured two others in a firework accident Thursday evening.



Police say the 35-year-old was in front of AC Auto Repair and Diagnostics in Wyandanch when he lit a mortar firework.



It then blew up in his hand.



Police say they are reminding the public that fireworks and sparklers are illegal in Nassau and Suffolk counties.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."