Hauppauge hotel reopens following electrical explosion

A Hauppauge hotel reopened today after a small electrical explosion injured three people.



Emergency crews were called to the Hyatt Regency in Hauppauge just before 5 p.m. on Monday.



Fire officials say an engineer was working on an electrical panel when a fuse short-circuited.



That engineer and two other workers were burned in the small explosion. One remains in critical condition.



The Hyatt was closed yesterday, with guests being re-located to a nearby hotel.



 



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."