Storage unit at condo complex goes up in flames

A fire sparked in a storage unit at a Westbury condominium complex Saturday.



The flames broke out on the grounds of the Maple Tower Condominiums on Maple Avenue around 4 p.m.



Fire officials say the unit was not attached to the building.



"It went pretty fast," said Donna Ardita. "They told everybody to get right out and just grab people and I went upstairs on my floor and just started banging on doors and telling everybody to leave."



No one was injured.


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."