Suffolk woman says she's shocked by her shower

A Suffolk County woman says she is getting shocked by her own shower, and her electrician is blaming PSEG Long Island for the issue.



Elizabeth Tutino, of Port Jefferson, says a simple shower in her house has become a dangerous task that requires her and her daughters to gear up with flip-flops and gloves beforehand.



Tutino called an electrician, who told her the shocks are being caused by problems with PSEG's underground wiring. The utility then installed a transformer, which Tutino says has not stopped the shocks.



PSEG workers went back to her home, but the problem remains.



"While the issue could very well be an internal wiring problem and something that the customer needs to address with their electrician, we've escalated the issue and are working today to ensure that the problem isn't with our equipment," PSEG told News 12 in a statement.



Tutino says PSEG told her that a crew will be coming to her house on Wednesday.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."