CO leak forces guests out of Holtsville hotel

Officials say a carbon monoxide leak forced hotel guests out of their rooms in Holtsville. 



The incident happened at the Ramada Plaza on North Ocean Avenue overnight. 



Police say when the carbon monoxide detector went off, everyone was moved out of their rooms and into the parking lot. 



News 12 has learned firefighters were able to contain the leak and vent out the building. 



Once the levels came down, everyone was allowed back inside. 



No one was hurt during the incident. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."