Atlantic Beach man suffers shock while hanging flag

An East Atlantic Beach man suffered an electrical shock and went into cardiac arrest while trying to hang a flag Saturday afternoon, police say.



The 27-year-old victim was trying to hang a flag across Buffalo Avenue when it got stuck on an electrical wire, police say.



He reportedly attempted to take the flag down using a metal pole and was shocked while standing on his second-story porch.



After he fell to the ground, witnesses gave him CPR and called 911, police say.



The man is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital, according to officials.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."