Officials: Malverne fire not sparked by gas

National Grid says a Malverne house fire was not sparked by gas.



Fire officials say the blaze broke out in the basement of a home on Nassau Avenue around 11 a.m. Tuesday



National Grid contractors were working on gas lines in the house, but National Grid says the gas had been turned off prior to the fire.



No one was injured as a result of the fire.



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."