Dix Hills man: I never took picture of boy in bathroom
A Dix Hills man accused of taking a picture of an 8-year-old boy in a restaurant bathroom spoke with News 12 Tuesday to reaffirm his innocence.
As News 12 has reported, police say Luis Flores Jr., 28, leaned over a bathroom stall and took cellphone photos of a boy at Hibachi Grill, located at 1114 Deer Park Ave. in North Babylon, on May 17.
"I'm innocent all the way. I would never do something like that," Flores told News 12. "This really has affected me really severely. I've been feeling...severely damaged, destroyed."
After a friend texted him about the allegations, Flores turned himself in to police, along with his phone. Since then, he says he's lost both of his jobs and received death threats. He's now staying out of state for his safety.
"In these types of situations, that are supersensitive, I think the police should really do a thorough investigation before there's a rush to judgment," said defense attorney Matt Tuohy.
Tuohy says he's confident forensics will show that no picture was taken on his client's cellphone.
Flores was charged with felony unlawful surveillance. He is scheduled to be arraigned at the end of the month.