Neighbor saves boy's life in Coram house fire

A 12-year-old has credited a neighbor for saving his life and escaping a burning Coram home.



The fire broke out at the home on American Avenue around 4 p.m. Wednesday.



Fire officials say a neighbor saw the flames and rushed over to tell the boy to get out.



One firefighter suffered a minor shoulder injury.



News 12 Long Island has learned an electrical problem may have started the fire.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."