Police: Man tries to kill bed bugs, lights car on fire
A car went up in flames in Eastport after police say the driver was trying to kill bed bugs inside the car.
The vehicle went up in flames at a King Kullen on Eastport-Manor Road in just after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the driver soaked the inside with rubbing alcohol to get rid of bed bugs. When he lit a cigarette, the car went up in flames and spread to other cars.
The driver, Scott Kemery, of Bridgehampton, told investigators the car was a rental.
So far, no charges have been filed.