BETHAPGE - One mother in Lawrence wants to make Halloween safer for kids with allergies.
Georgina Cipriano says that her 14-year-old son, who was allergic to peanuts, died two years ago after eating something that contained peanuts.
In her son's memory, Cipriano created "Trunk or Treat." The event, held in Bethpage, is where kids with allergies can get non-food treats on Halloween.
"It's all little toys that everybody brings; stickers, pencils, balls. You name it, anything that is not food," she says.
Some parents have put teal-colored Pumpkins in front of their homes to show they are allergy friendly, helping to make Halloween a little less scary for some families.