SHIRLEY - ? Emergency workers who rushed to the scene to help during a massive gas leak in Shirley will be honored today. The Town of Brookhaven is holding a reception tonight to thank the responders.
About 2,000 people were evacuated for most of New Year?s Day when a propane tank started leaking during a delivery.
Officials say the leak was caused by a cracked plastic valve.
Company behind Shirley propane leak to accept claims
Officials: Driver error caused propane leak
Officials: Shirley gas leak repaired; evacuees sent home