RIDGE - Students at Ridge Elementary School got an unexpected day off when a propane leak was discovered at the school this morning.
District officials say the leak was discovered in a 500-gallon tank right next to the school at around 8 a.m.
Students who were about to arrive to school never got off their buses and were instead taken to Longwood Middle School before they were sent home.
Firefighters shut the school down for the day to perform safety checks and to burn off the remaining propane that was in the tank. No one was injured.
For extended Chopper 12 footage from above the scene, watch the clip to the left or click News 12 Extra on Optimum TV channel 612.