LEVITTOWN - Police have confirmed that a candle sparked the flames that killed a bedridden woman during an overnight fire in Levittown.
The incident occurred at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday at 105 Wadworth Ave.
Neighbors identified the victim as 83-year-old Mary Lyons.
Firefighters from seven departments arrived within minutes, but it was too late to save Lyons. They say she was found in a back bedroom.
Neighbors were shocked to hear that Lyons was killed during the fire.
"She was a wonderful person. She was a great mother," said Lisa Buckley. "We're devastated right now."