WESTBURY - Police say three people were arrested following a home invasion and attempted kidnapping Sunday night in Westbury that led to a police chase, a car crash and a standoff at a motel.

The suspects have been identified as 22-year-old Ayeisha Woods, of St. Albans, 33-year-old Jeanette Ortiz, of the Bronx, and 29-year-old Mark Persaud, who has no known address.

Police say the suspects knocked on the door of a home on Grand Street in Westbury. The male victim, age 53, opened the door and recognized Woods, although police did not say how the victim knew her.

Police say Woods, Persaud and Ortiz entered the man's home. The victim grabbed a knife from the kitchen, but police say Persaud pointed a black pellet gun at the man, then struck him with the pellet gun and the handle of an axe.

Woods then picked up the keys to the man's 2014 Ford Edge and exited the home, police say.

Officers in the area say they heard a radio transmission about a disturbance at the home. They say they were walking up the driveway when Woods allegedly shifted the victim's car into reverse and sped away, forcing the officers to jump out of the way.

The officers returned to their vehicle and followed Woods, who eventually lost control of the stolen car. She crashed into a parked vehicle on Roosevelt Court and was arrested.

Authorities say Persaud and Ortiz fled the man's home, but were later located in a room at the Pines Motor Lodge on Taylor Avenue. Officers with the Bureau of Special Operations and crisis negotiators responded, and police say they were able to talk both defendants out of the hotel room. They were arrested.

The victim suffered lacerations to his head and face and was hospitalized.

Woods is charged with first-degree attempted kidnapping, first-degree burglary, conspiracy, attempted aggravated assault, second-degree assault, third-degree grand larceny and reckless driving.

Persaud is charged with first-degree attempted kidnapping, first-degree burglary, conspiracy and assault.

Ortiz is charged with first-degree burglary.

The suspects are due to be arraigned in court on Tuesday.